Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s Episode 75 – Supiido no Sekai ni Youkoso!September 12, 2009
In this episode, Aki is determined to get her Riding Duel license and tries out for qualification. Her tryout Duel is with none other than our favorite police officer, Tetsu Ushio. She learns how to properly ride a D-Wheel with Yusei’s help and Rua and Ruka’s presence and cheering.
Expect large amounts of Aki x Yusei, Aki in a tight riding outfit which somehow exposes her cleavage whenever she wants to seduce Yusei, Jack beating up some extras. Oh, and NAKED YUSEI PART 3! Thanks a lot for the repetitive flashback, Aki!
Last time, Shades (Dark Glass, I just like calling him Shades) taught Yusei an alternative technique to counter Machine Emperor Wisel’s effect: Accel Synchro. Basically, he just sped off as fast as he could, warped himself or something and tuned a Synchro Tuner Monster with another Synchro Monster to produce an Accel Synchro Monster, which looks the same as a normal Synchro Monster.
The episode starts off in Yusei’s loveshack. They seem to be busy working on a D-Wheel. Aki then appears and Crow whistles as he sees the girl in a rider outfit.
Yusei compliments Aki and a flashback happens. The flashback involves Aki admitting to Yusei that she wants to know the world that Yusei sees in Riding Duels. She wants to feel the same thing. After the flashback, she thanks them for the D-Wheel.
After the OP, Aki is seen taking part in a lecture about the WRGP Riding Duel qualifications. Soon after that, she is seen wiping her helmet. Rua and Ruka’s reflections appear on them as they greet her. Aki explains that her main objective is not to enter the Grand Prix but to experience the same thing that Yusei, Jack and Crow feels in Riding Duels.
Their conversation is interrupted by several hideous life forms. They tell Aki that the world of speed is only for men. Ruka scares them off with her moe. The instructor calls all the participants.
As the trainees gather with their D-Wheels. Yusei arrives to watch Aki. He stays behind Ruka and Rua, probably so they won’t notice what he’s doing.
Several D-Wheelers try a high speed turn but all of them fail, either due to going too fast and crashing or being too slow. Aki attempts said high speed turn as well but fails and crashes but finds herself enjoying it.
Aki continues practicing the high speed turn over and over until sunset. Yusei gives her tips and points out her mistakes every time she fails.
Enjoy your flying Aki:
One last attempt for the day, she speeds off and successfully makes the turn. Later that evening, Yusei helps her fix her D-Wheel.
Presumably, a few days passed and Aki completes the training course of death.
The instructor lets everyone know that they all failed miserably and that Aki is the only person who passed the training course. Later, Yusei is now on his D-Wheel. He tells Aki one important thing that wasn’t on the training course. He shows her the Turn Back movement of the D-Wheel. He explains that this is important in checking the opponent’s condition. Though it’s more like a cheat to see through your opponent’s hand cards.
Aki tries doing it but fails and crashes.
Suddenly, they are now in a roller skates area. Rua and Ruka watch in the background. Rua wonders if they’re being a bother and Ruka says that it’s not a date… or is it?! Yusei and Aki were inside. Yusei shows Aki how to do the Turn Back using skates. He wants Aki to try as well but she slips and almost falls down. Yusei catches her.
It seems that this is the first time Aki went to a skating area so she doesn’t really know how to skate. Yusei teaches her as Ruka and Rua watch. In a matter of a few cutscenes, Aki masters the art of Turn Back.
Enjoy your Yusei x Aki.
The next morning, Aki visits Yusei’s loveshack and discovers her newly-improved D-Wheel.
Crow helped with the brakes while Jack made the monitor. Aki thanks them for the D-Wheel and almost cries. Yusei says it’s almost time and Aki promises them that she will definitely get her license.
The test is about to start. Yusei, Jack, Crow, Rua and Ruka arrive to watch. They see a D-Wheeler lose control just after the test started and crashes. The opponent was none other than Ushio!
Ushio tells Aki that she’s in bad luck. He’s going to be her opponent. The test became stricter because of the WRGP. He warns her that he won’t hold back and Aki says that it’s just the way she wants it.
They start driving off. Aki takes the first corner so her turn is up first. Ushio pressures her by telling her to start the Duel. He keeps tailgating Aki and even bumps it.
Aki's turn: 4000 LP, 0 SPC
- Summons Revival Rose in Defense Position.
Aki attempts to use a Speed Spell but receives an error message. She forgot that in order to use Speed Spells, one must acquire Speed Counters first. Ushio pressures her again to not waste any more time and she ends her turn.
Ushio's turn: 4000 LP, 1 SPC
- Summons Hellway Patrol.
- Attacks and destroys Revival Rose.
- Through its effect, Aki takes damage equal to the destroyed monster's level x 100 (Aki: 3600 LP).
- Sets 1 card.
Ushio again taunts Aki by hitting the front of her D-Wheel with the back of his patrol motorcycle.
Aki's turn: 3600 LP, 2 SPC
- Summons Twilight Rose Knight.
- Through its effect, she Special Summons Lord Poison from her hand.
- She tunes LV 3 Twilight Rose Knight with LV 4 Lord Poison and Synchro Summons her ace monster, Black Rose Dragon.
- Black Rose Dragon destroys Hellway Patrol (Ushio: 3200 LP).
- Ushio activates a Trap Card, Death Penalty. When a monster is destroyed by battle, the attacking monster is destroyed and half of its ATK is inflicted to the opposing player (Aki: 2800 LP).
- Because a monster was destroyed on her field, Aki Special Summons her Revival Rose from her Graveyard in Defense Position.
- Sets 2 cards.
Ushio's turn: 3200 LP, 3 SPC
- Removes from play his Hellway Patrol on his Graveyard and this allows him to Special Summon a Fiend-type monster with 2000 ATK or less from his hand. He chooses another Hellway Patrol.
- He then summons the Tuner Monster Hell Security.
- Tunes LV 1 Hell Security with LV 4 Hellway Patrol to Synchro Summon Hell Twin Cop - Jaw & Kick.
- Hell Twin Cop - Jaw & Kick destroys Revival Rose.
- Through its effect, Jaw & Kick gains 800 ATK after destroying an opponent's monster (3000 ATK) and is allowed to attack once more.
- Aki activates her Trap Card, Offensive Guard. When a monster declares a direct attack, that monster loses half of its ATK until the End Phase (1500 ATK) and Aki is allowed to draw an extra card. The attack continues and connects (Aki: 1300 LP).
- Activates Speed Spell - Speed Storm. When he has 3 or more Speed Counters, 1000 LP of damage is given to the opposing player (Aki: 300 LP).
- Sets 1 card.
Aki's turn: 300 LP, 4 SPC
- Summons Black Rose Witch.
- When it is successfully summoned, its effect allows its controller to draw an extra card and if it is anything other than a Monster Card, Black Rose Witch is destroyed. Aki draws Dark Verger.
- Ushio activates his facedown Trap Card, Hell Barricade. It activates when the opponent summons a monster. All level 4 or lower monsters cannot attack during this turn. What's more is that the opponent receives 500 damage for every level 4 or lower monster on their field during the End Phase.
- Aki activates Speed Spell - Summon Speeder and Special Summons her Dark Verger.
- She tunes LV 4 Black Rose Witch and LV 2 Dark Verger to Synchro Summon the Key Card of the Week, Splendid Rose.
- Through its effect, Aki removes from play a Plant-type monster in her Graveyard (Dark Verger) and halves Hell Twin Cop - Jaw & Kick's ATK (1100 ATK).
- Splendid Rose attacks and destroys Hell Twin Cop - Jaw & Kick (Ushio: 2100 LP).
- Aki activates her facedown Trap Card, Blossom Bomber. When a Plant-type monster destroys an opponent's monster by battle, the destroyed monster's ATK is inflicted as damage to the opponent (Ushio: 1000 LP).
The idiots from earlier who were also watching this feel like Aki’s about to win. One of them suddenly triggers a small explosion that lets loose falling debris into the course. Ushio looks back to see what happened since it was an accident but continue on nevertheless. He claims that if Aki stops, the test is over and she fails. Aki suddenly gets another flashback from her favorite episode with the naked Yusei, episode 72.
She easily evades all the falling stuff through magical training sessions that only took about a millisecond. Ushio seems impressed and Aki returns to their card game even after facing almost certain death.
Continuing Aki's turn:
- During the Battle Phase where an attack has been declared, Aki removes a Plant-type monster in her Graveyard from play (Lord Poison) and halves Splendid Rose's ATK but allows it to attack again.
- Splendid Rose attacks directly (Ushio: 0 LP).
- Aki wins the test Duel!
Ushio’s D-Wheel automatically stops and Aki stops in front of him. Ushio commends her for the good performance and tells her that she passed the test. Yusei and company cheer. In the meantime, Jack was busy beating up some extras.
In other news, Sherry Leblanc also witnessed the Duel and was impressed.
Yusei and company run towards Aki to congratulate her. Yusei then welcomes her… to the world of Riding Duels!
And so, Aki’s cleavage has surpassed Mai’s cleavage.
Pretty nice episode. Aki’s trial and errors in this episode is very funny. The first one where she flies off almost made me drop from my seat. She was like photoshopped and moved away.
Truly, this episode is a good Yusei x Aki episode. I mean, really. Yusei was supposed to be working on their D-Wheel for the WRGP since it’s starting soon but instead, he went off his precious time schedule and helped Aki obtain a license, not to mention make and design a D-Wheel for her. He also watched every practice.
Ruka and Rua were a nice comedic duo in this episode. The part where they wonder if it’s a date in the roller skating area is hilarious. I just wonder what kinda screentime they’d have in the WRGP.
Now… Ushio… what the hell? An accident occured during the test, shouldn’t YOU be the one stopping first to check on the victim? You’re a police officer before a test examiner!
Even though Aki fell countless times, she seems awfully fine for someone who kept bouncing off her motorcycle and dropping into the concrete road. Not to mention that the training was soooo unique, it had freaking loops on the course. When and how was she able to complete that anyway? This is hard to know considering 5D’s likes jumping from a day to another without warning. You won’t be sure if it’s been weeks since the last scene or just a few hours later. Who puts loops in their course anyway? I thought she’s applying for a D-Wheel license, not a Stunt Driving license…
Like Drill Synchron and Drill Warrior, it seems Splendid Rose, the Card of the Week, is also made from a contest.
Anyway, the next episode is about Jack once again. This time, he seems like he’s going to be crime-fighting once again with his faithful sidekick and girlfriend, Carly the Girl Wonder!
This is the Bunny Chief, over and out!