Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s Episode 71 – Yu-Gi-Oh! Monsters: Black Rose VersionAugust 14, 2009
Everyone’s favorite couple, Yusei and Aki, are off in a misadventure after Yusei was kidnapped by an evil unnamed group who wants to use him for their World Grand Prix team. Aki comes to rescue him but ends up trapped with him As they escape, a new enemy arrives and challenges Yusei to a Riding Duel. They ride on the D-Wheel and Aki is introduced to the world of Riding Duels.
Expect a tsundere Aki. Kinda.
Last time, Ruka got lost in a forest after Rua decided to fool around and investigate on the case of the people spirited away. Yusei comes there as soon as he heard his friends are getting their own episode and saves Ruka as Rua beats an evil spirit in a card game. In the end, they set the souls of those spirited away free and let the evil spirit rest with his sister.
We start with… what the hell? Yusei captured? He moves around and feels on the floor and walls. They’re all steel. Seems like he’s inside the cargo back of a truck.
Yusei spots something in the dark. He removes the cloth around it and discovers his D-Wheel.
He now remembers what happened earlier. Someone called him for a repair and he to the person’s house. As he rings the doorbell, he hears an agonizing scream inside. Finding out that the door was opened, he quickly rushes inside to provide assistance to whoever was in trouble. But instead of a helpless person, he finds…
After that, everything went black for him. Suddenly, a screen pops out of nowhere and greets Yusei.
The guy in the monitor tells Yusei that he is now within their grasp, he can’t escape anymore. Yusei asks him who he is and the man introduces himself as Ichisai of a certain Riding Duel Group. They want to recruit Yusei into their team in the World Riding Duel Grand Prix. Yusei tells Ichisai that he will not leave his team, which is with Jack and Crow. Ichisai then says that he cannot possibly refuse, as he has a way of making him join using psychology. SCIENCE!!
In the meantime, Crow and Jack were on their D-Wheels, searching for Yusei. Crow was still on his job and they can’t seem to find Yusei. They don’t all seem that worried and this causes Aki to be annoyed, who is riding with Mikage in the jeep, like back in the Dark Signer arc. Crow remarks that it may just be a prank. They received a call earlier saying that Yusei was kidnapped, which made them all look for him. Aki tells them she knows that but they can’t be assured unless they check on Yusei. Jack complains that when it comes to Yusei, Aki is very…
Suddenly, someone jams in through their communications devices. The voice on the other line tells them that Yusei is heading to the western route. Aki and Mikage were near that area so they speed off. Upon reaching the highway, Aki feels a strong sensation from her birthmark. Yusei is nearby. And she suddenly feels it from a truck just below the path they were taking.
Aki asks Mikage to follow the truck below. Upon reaching it, Aki finds out that the truck did not have a driver.
She summons Rose Tentacles and it plants itself onto the top of the cargo. Aki orders it to attack and it smashes the cargo’s door… kind of a Pokemon. Aki claims that she can control her powers now. It doesn’t take long until the 2200 ATK monster destroys the solid steel cargo that Yusei was confined in.
The Ichisai guy or something sees this through the same monitor and he orders one of his minions to press something on a remote. The truck suddenly goes into full speed without warning. Rose Tentacles falls off the truck and gets destroyed. Yusei breaks open the door completely while Aki jumps in to reach Yusei… but all she did was increase the number of possible casualties as she too, is now in the out-of-control speeding truck as well.
In the process, her Duel Disk falls along with her cards on the road. Mikage can’t keep up anymore and tries to call for back-up but her communication device is still jammed. Suddenly, an unknown D-Wheel drives by fast. Back inside the truck, Yusei passes a spare helmet to Aki. He’s thinking of using his D-Wheel to jump off the truck. Aki protests. It’s too dangerous to do that and his D-Wheel is a one-sitter. Yusei assures her that there’s space in the back. After being a tsundere, Aki submits and wears the helmet, placing herself behind Yusei in the D-Wheel.
Before they jump off, the D-Wheel who passed by Mikage is now in front of them.
The D-Wheeler commands Yusei to get off the truck and Duel her. They have no other choice anyway, the truck was about to fall off the cliff. As the truck begins to fly off, Yusei and Aki jump off using the D-Wheel.
Upon landing on the road, Yusei’s D-Wheel suddenly enters into Duel Mode. The woman explains that Yusei’s D-Wheel has a lock on it that forces it to enter Duel Mode by force. She adds that if Yusei turns it off, the D-Wheel will explode. The woman sets Speed World 2. This triggers the Duel Lanes to be made and a special highway appears across the sea for their Riding Duel. From under the special highway, the guy who seems to have tipped off Yusei’s capture and location was there, in his own D-Wheel.
They enter the special highway and they begin the Duel! Aki now sees for the first time what a Riding Duel is like in the perspective of the D-Wheeler.
The enemy's turn: 4000 LP, 0 SPC
- Summons Spear Holder of the Holy Knights in Defense Position.
- Sets 1 card.
Yusei's turn: 4000 LP, 1 SPC
- Summons Speeds Warrior and through its effect, it gains double ATK during the turn it was Normal Summoned.
- Attacks the enemy's monster but she responds with Floral Shield. It negates Speed Warrior's attack and allows her to draw 1 card.
- Sets 3 cards down.
The enemy's turn: 4000 LP, 2 SPC
- Summons Swift Horse of the Floral Knight Brigade and its effect allows her to draw 1 card when successfully summoned.
- Activates Speed Spell - Overboost. She gains 4 Speed Counters (SPC: 6) but becomes only 1 during the End Phase of the turn.
- Activates Speed Spell - Speed Fusion because she now has 4 or more Speed Counters. She fuses Spear Holder of the Holy Knights and Horse of the Floral Knight Brigade to Fusion Summon Centaurumina.
- Yusei activates Scrap-Iron Scarecrow but Centaurumina's effect activates. It negates the activation of an opponent's Trap Card and re-sets it back to the field.
- Centaurumina destroys Yusei's Speed Warrior (Yusei's LP: 2700).
- Sets 1 card.
- During the End Phase, through Speed Spell - Overboost's effect, her Speed Counters drop to 1.
During Centaurumina’s attack, Aki felt the strong force. Yusei checks on Aki if she was alright and she says she’s fine. Aki starts to take in the thrill of riding a motorcycle while playing a card game. It’s a normal Duel but at that speed, she can feel the excitement. It feels very different from Psychic Dueling.
Yusei's turn: 2700 LP, 3 SPC
- Summons Junk Synchron and because of its effect, he Special Summons Speed Warrior from his Graveyard.
- He tunes LV 3 Junk Synchron with LV 2 Speed Warrior to Synchro Summon Junk Warrior.
- Junk Warrior attacks Centaurumina but the enemy activates Fleur Guard and prevents her monster from being destroyed by battle. She still takes 100 damage (Enemy's LP: 3900)
- Sets 1 card.
Aki continues admiring their high-risk performances at that speed. Yusei then speaks up and says that the enemy they’re fighting is quite different from the others. She actually enjoys the Duel they’re doing.
The enemy's turn: 3900 LP, 3 SPC
- Summons a Tuner Monster: Fleur Synchron.
- She begins tuning her LV 2 Fleur Synchron and LV 6 Centaurumina to Synchro Summon her ace monster, Fleur de Chevalier.
- Because Fleur Synchron was used as a Synchro Material for the Synchro Summoning of a Synchro Monster, she is allowed to Special Summon a Level 4 monster from her hand. She Special Summons Apprentice Knight.
Yusei knows that the enemy knows that he has Scrap-Iron Scarecrow on the field. She wouldn’t attack without thinking. Yusei is starting to enjoy the Duel as well and Aki notices this.
Continuing the enemy's turn:
- Fleur de Chevalier attacks Junk Warrior and Yusei activates Scrap-Iron Scarecrow again. Fleur de Chevalier's effect activates: Once per turn, it can negate the activation of an opponent's Spell of Trap Card and destroy it. Scarp-Iron Scarecrow is destroyed and so is Junk Warrior (Yusei's LP: 2300)
- Yusei activates a Trap Card right after that: The Afterglow of a Miracle. He is allowed to Special Summon one of his monsters destroyed by battle during this turn. He Special Summons Junk Warrior.
- Sets 2 cards.
The enemy seems impressed with how Yusei plays. She suddenly stops her D-Wheel in front of them and Yusei does the same. Aki was then surprised that it didn’t cause an explosion. It was just a bluff to make Yusei Duel the enemy. The enemy removes her helmet and introduces herself as Sherry le Blanc.
Aki was surprised again, it was a female D-Wheeler! Sherry apologizes them for tricking them about the explosion but she claims that she came there for Yusei too. She doesn’t want him to go to any other team. The episode ends there.
Just what everyone needs, a slight Yusei x Aki episode.
It seems this episode wasn’t much of a filler anymore. One is because it’s not just one episode. Two is because it involves the World Riding Duel Grand Prix elements. Three is because one of the new people in the new OP has appeared.
Such awfully-long and confusing names for such cool-looking monsters.
Season 3 has really made Aki and Jack look funny. I think I’ve started to get over last season’s weird Aki. Of course, this episode may be the opening for Aki. She has been introduced to the world of Riding Duels. Now I wonder if the D-Wheel that Yusei is working on would be for her…
Anyway, the next episode is the continuation of this Duel. Sherry vs Yusei.
This is the Bunny Chief, over and out!